Sunday 5 February 2017

Sunday Snippets

The days and weeks seem to be whizzing by, February already, eep!  I have been bitten by the knitting bug hence my absence from here :-)  I have finished the first sock for my February socks and they are a mahoosive size seven and intended for Benedict.  He is a very knit worthy young fellow and is long overdue some yarn love from his mum.  The brown aestlight shawl is off the needles and waiting to be blocked and I have started shawl number six with another of my hand dyed by me yarns!

The kids have been busy with meet ups, home school work and helping around the home.  Pip stayed with friends in Liverpool last week for three days, she stopped with homeschool friends ( we holidayed with them last year in Walsingham) and had a fab time.  Benedict is going on his very first sleep over with another home school family tomorrow and will also be attending his first ever woodturning class, needless to say he is super excited :-)

Here are some pictures of our days this past week:


Benedetto's Restaurant

 




 Benedict has been responsible for some rather tasty treats from the kitchen this past week.  Not only does he make delicious food he is "epic" when it comes to the post food prep and post meal clean up.  That boy is "King Cuisine" :-)


Junior Science ~ Our Bodies




Did you know that an adult intestine is 10 metres long?  

 

 Measuring using Dad's old metre rule from his civils days with the railway :-)


 Mum's intestine started in the conservatory ...







 ... through the lounge ...


 ... down the hallway and up the stairs and ...


 ... landing in Pip's bedroom.  Blimey no wonder I have stomach ache!


Our next lesson was demonstrating "peristalsis" and the proof that you can actually eat whilst standing on your head :-)




It has been a very loong time since I did one of these!  Pip thought it hilarious :-)  The last shot albeit red faced is me eating a rice cake, lol!

Our last practical experiment for the day was to make a plastic lung and the Usborne 1000 science experiments book was a great help:

Left to right, deflated and inflated.

A Dad and Son Day

On Thursday Pip was away staying with friends for a few days and I attended an away day at Rydal Hall, so it was the lads in charge :-)  A surprise trip to Benedict's favourite eating place was planned:



 Benedict's favourite.



 Dave's lunch.




Yarn Tales

 Summer Stripes, kool aid dyed yarn, aestlight shawl. 

I guess you could say, "that's a wrap!"  I really must pop by on a regular basis thus sparing you dear reader from an epic photo fest!

Be Blessed xx




  

 

7 comments:

elli said...

Lovely to have the round up post :-) sounds like happy-busy days.

dorinalouise said...

This was great! I don't see how our intestines can be so long!! I'm really impressed with your headstand! And to eat something at the same time! That was quite a feat :) Benedict the Chef is amazing. His meals look so delicious. And I love the pic of he and Dave out on the town for lunch :)

I am hard pressed to keep up with your knitting! I think I will go and work on my sock now, rather than sitting in front of the computer :) Chanda has two friends over. I think they are preparing for taking a driving permit test. It's an online written test. See you later :) I love your shawl xoxo

Sarah said...

Sounds like you've been up to some fantastic activities, love the headstand picture! Woodturning class sounds great, it's something I always wanted to do as a teenager but never had the chance.

Sue Elvis said...

San

I enjoyed catching up with all your news and seeing glimpses of your beautiful home. I am envious of your conservatory! Does the sun shine through the windows on a winter's day? If so, that would be a wonderful place to sit. Here, we have closed the blinds against the sun. It is a very HOT day!

I don't think I can stand on my head. Well, maybe I could but I'm not adventurous enough to try!

Love to all the family. xxxx

Sandra Ann said...

We get most of the winter sun in the front room but the conservatory is still nice even on a grey day. I would swap you for heat any day!! Sigh, I will have to make do with the log burner 😀

Sue Elvis said...

San,

I have deactivated my FB timeline account and messenger, but I did see your last message before I closed everything. You have a Poppy cat too! I hope you are enjoying her. I'm sorry you are finding my blog hard to navigate on your phone. Is there any particular problem that I could fix to make things easier?

I still have my FB blog page and page messages if ever you want to stop by. Even though I have less FB at the moment, I don't intend to lose contact with you. I could always write you a proper letter if nothing else works! Enjoy your weekend!

Kezzie said...

AAAAA, I loved that about the intestine! I woould love to do that in science week with our kids!!! Benedict's cuisine is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!