Sunday 25 February 2018

This Week

Both the steroids and antibiotics have done their job and Dave is back to his usual self, Praise God!

We have had a mixed week in the home school classroom with desk work, practical activities prompted by independent learning and visiting friends.  Ben and Pip have had enormous fun working on their own activities, Ben using music software to devise his own music and Pip making a series of Lego puzzle boxes and mini vending machines.

I have been keeping my ear to the ground regarding work prospects.  I believe that God is calling me to some form of chaplaincy work, so I have been looking at various training courses and making suitable contacts where possible.  As always it is a massive lesson in trusting God, which does not come easy to my nature!  Not being in control and knowing where I am going is at times unnerving but i'm determined with the help of His grace, to get out of the way and let Him do the work needed :-)

Dave and I visited Sara and Tom on Wednesday, she was officially 37 weeks that day and so from here on in, has the green light for a home birth.  I have been knitting last minute newborn cardigans for Nutkin and all being well we will visit again on Wednesday.  Sara has officially declared herself to be on maternity leave, so Tom will be gardening without her for the time being.  For some of the bigger jobs he will have help from either his mum or dad.

On Thursday evening we had a short visit from Uncle Andy.  He was travelling further north to see Mum and Dad H in Barrow.  He brought belated Christmas presents as due to family difficulties, was unable to meet with us at Christmas.  Dave and I were given a case of wine, and Dave also received a new mug for the workshop.  Pip was given a tattoo making kit and a jewellery making set and Benedict a table top football game.  The presents were much appreciated but the best bit was spending time with a much loved brother and uncle.

Kathryn and Mary visited today.  I forgot to take any pictures!  Sometimes it is good to just enjoy the moment. The kids played and I knitted whilst chatting to Kath, it was a really lovely visit.

It has been a good week and where there have been times of frustration or sadness, through God's grace, we have made it through the difficulties.



 

5 comments:

elli said...

Love the mug. So exciting about the new baby coming! And very glad to hear everyone's health has settled. {{hugs}}

dorinalouise said...

Hello San, yay! So glad to hear that Dave is his usual self again, and that you've had happy family visits! You really have so much going on, it must feel a little tiring but also wonderfully full. We wish Sara a smooth birth, and I agree that it doesn't get much better than sipping tea while knitting and chatting with one's daughter. xoxoxo (I heard that you might have some snow today, but when I checked the weather on my phone, it looks like you have only bright, enjoyable sunshine!?)

Sue Elvis said...

San,

Just stopping by to send you some love. I'm glad Dave is feeling better. I bet you can't wait to meet your grandchild. Praying the baby arrives safely and Sarah recovers quickly afterwards. May God bless you all! xxx

Kezzie said...

I am glad to hear that Dave is feeling better. How nice to see your family members! I always love the pictures of your wonderful children!x

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for dropping by and for your prayers they are much appreciated xx